Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! or My Weight Loss Update! (77/40)

Yeah, I thought the timing of this post was funny, I mean, it being the national day of eating excess and everything.

Well, the last time I focused on my diet, etc. in a post, was some time ago.
At that time, I thought I'd try to get myself back on track since I was wavering at best in my diligence and focus to healthy eating, perhaps even get into the habit of logging in what I eat every day, something I gave up very early on during my weight loss adventure.

After a single day of trying to keep track, I sort of loss steam again. It turns out I eat a number of things that seem to have no calorie information: specifically, these so-called "monster subs" from the 7-11 nearby where I work.
They're cold cut subs and have no condiments on them.
They also don't explain (beyond ingredient content), how many calories there are, what the fat content is, fiber what-sis, etc.
So, being totally undisciplined, that easily deflated my efforts at food intake documentation.
Which is a lame excuse, but I'm not denying that. because, what I can do to compensate is come up with a guesstimate of what the points are for such an item. Then, since I eat those subs regularly enough, I can just enter it as a favorite food on my site at Weightwatchers online. So, really, I'm just being lazy.
Sigh.

So, in the meantime, my desire to lose weight and to be disciplined about making wise choices regarding what I eat has been non-existent.

Which explains my increased weight readings lately.

Two weeks ago, I gained after after three weeks of losing weight.
I jumped from 161.0 to 164.5 lbs! A difference of 3.5 lbs-- in the WRONG direction!
Cripes.
Which probably explains why I didn't even check my weight the following week.
This week, I added another 1.5 lbs: 166.
So, I'm only 6, 6.5 lbs away from getting back to where I started.
Well, I'm not really throwing in the towel yet, but boy, I really need to get on track.

Um... after today.

Meanwhile, today being Thanksgiving, I hope everybody has a good holiday. Hopefully a holiday spent with the family and relatives will be limited in its stress, and I also hope you have a safe journey if traveling is in your plans.
Also, I hope (jeez, I'm just a hopeful suck, ain't I?) that you do have a chance to sit down, sit back, relax and reflect, even for a couple minutes, and take stock of what blessings you do have.
And if some of those blessings happen to be living people in your life, take a minute to let them know. You'll both be glad you did.

And as we enter the holiday shopping season, which I think actually began on the Fourth of July this year: "Vaya con Dios!"

Peace, man.


77/40

No comments: