Thursday, November 29, 2007

This year’s NaNoWriMo is almost over (79/33)

This year’s online writing challenge, courtesy of National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo) is almost over. It officially ends at midnight, Friday (November 30).

For those not in the know, NaNoWriMo has been annually challenging/inspiring authors and would-be authors to sit down and write a novel in only 30 days (throughout the month of November). You have to write 50,000 words, which breaks down to 1,667 words a day.
This is like the fourth year, I think, that my wife has participated and has successfully completed the challenge. She crossed the threshold of 50,000 on Sunday.
As of Monday night, she was at 51,219 words.
However, the actual story she's working on is still incomplete, so she still has some work to do, roughly 20,000 more words by her estimate.
Her first attempt at NaNoWriMo was her largest output: over 200,000 words! Gulp!

I had hoped to participate in some way as well; in spirit, at least. Specifically, just to do some writing, if not attempt 50,000 words.
None of those plans came to fruition.
My script SEPARATION ANXIETY, which I started as part of the online challenge Script Frenzy, which occurred earlier this year in June, is still waiting for me to finish it.
And so is my attempt at writing a short story of a chapter of my prose effort, the Femme Ferines (which, perhaps should be the Femmes Ferine, to be more properly French, according to my wife, but I don’t know if I care about Gallic grammar here, to be honest: I like the way “Femme Ferines” sounds, kind of mimicking Marines, in a way).

But, whatever, because I didn’t do anything to advance the cause of finishing the writing of either project.
Grrrr…

I guess I’ll be shooting for completion of some New Year’s Resolutions, then.
Hopefully, more to come…


79/33
Project 365: first entry / previous entry

No comments: